Salted Caramel Sauce
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat, melt and combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and corn syrup and allow to simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the heavy cream and fleur de sel and taste (being careful not to scorch your tongue off). Add a touch more salt should you deem it necessary. Cook for another minute then carefully transfer it into a serving or storage vessel.
- Serve warm over a big baked cookie, baked apples, vanilla ice cream and all sorts of other baked goods, or let it cool and whip a few tablespoons into a buttercream icing or drizzle it over a latte.
- Please don't use table salt! A teaspoon of table salt will measure and taste much different then a teaspoon of fleur de sel.