How to Poach an Egg
Perfectly poaching an egg does not have to be difficult though seemingly tricky at first. Follow the simple steps below on how to cook a poached egg and you’ll be left with eggs bursting with oozy yolk filled goodness every time.
1. Get a small pot and fill it halfway with with water.
2. Bring the water up to a boil then reduce the heat to low so the water is simmering gently. Add in a teaspoon or so of vinegar.
3. Crack your egg into a small bowl and set this bowl beside the stove so that it is easy to reach.
4. Using a spoon, swirl the water in the pot in a circle to create a vortex.
5. Bring the small bowl as close to the centre of this vortex as possible and gently tip the egg into the centre of the pot. The egg should drop to the bottom and the white should begin swirling around the yolk.
6. Make sure that the pot is not bubbling too forcefully as this will rip apart your perfect little poached egg.
7. Leave the egg to poach for 3 minutes for a very runny egg yolk like the one shown in the picture or 4 minutes for a slightly firmer yolk.
8. Use a slotted spoon to gently remove the egg from the pot, plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.