Cream Egg Brownies
CREAM EGG BROWNIES
Gooey brownies with cadbury cream eggs baked into them.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 5 oz (141 grams) unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 large cadbury cream eggs, cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 350 F then grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together until smooth and well combined. Be careful not to take the chocolate past melting point or it will break so make sure you check it frequently (after 30 seconds then every 10 seconds after that) while it is melting.
- In a stand mixer on medium speed, mix together the sugar, vanilla and eggs for 3-5 minutes. Turn your mixer to low and add in your chocolate and butter mixture. Stir in the flour until just combined then turn off your mixer.
- Place your brownies on the centre rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes before adding in the cadbury cream eggs. Set the brownies back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Leave to cool for 15 minutes at room temperature before slicing into small squares and serving.